For two weeks in July 2018, I’ll be hosting cycling touring groups at the exclusive Le Monastére hotel in Limoux, South West France. During the 2018 Tour de France, we will be riding on some the best roads in Europe in the Languedoc region, and give you the opportunity to ride on the 2018 Tour de France* route itself.
Home of the largest wine growing region in France, the wines of Languedoc are as diverse as the countryside terrain. Famously, this region boasts the origin of Blanquette de Limoux, the first sparkling wine of France and a precursor to champagne. While often known to be red wine country, increasingly more whites and rosés are finding their way into the local wine culture.
Away from the TdF days, the hotel will be the starting point for rides that wander through the seemingly infinite system of quiet roads. You’ll weave through vineyards, picturesque villages, past grand castles, ruins and undulate through the immense, stunning countryside.
Tours can be customized for your group’s riding preferences and can include one of must ride climbs in the Pyrénées.
Hôtel Le Monastére is a four star hotel situated in the medieval quarter of Limoux. The Inn is an integral part of the town, as it was in the Middle Ages when it was a Monastery. The double rooms are spacious and each has its own bathroom and walk in shower. Wifi is available throughout the house and guests are free to enjoy any part of the Inn as they would their own home.
2018 Tour Dates:
Week 1: 14th to 21st July 2018
Week 2: 21st to 28th July 2018
- Airport/Train station pick-up and drop-off
- Supported and guided outings on all days except Wednesday (your free day to explore)
- Healthful and energizing breakfasts each day
- Six dinners with local wines (Wednesdays are free to enjoy on your own)
- Seven nights accommodation (double occupancy) at Hôtel Le Monastère
- Bicycles – road or hybrid. We recommended you bring your own pedals and shoes (and a seat if you have one that you prefer). We will also have a mechanic available to help you with your own bike if you choose to bring your own.
Price Person is $2950 per person per week
To book, or for further information, please email email@example.com
* 2018 TdF itinerary is released on 17 October